June 2016 : I gave a talk at Tel-Aviv kernel meetup on Persistent memory Video and Slides.
January 2016 : Founded Blopeur Ltd. a boutique advisory service as a side activity. Where we provide provides high-value, rapid-turnaround IT, management, and strategic consulting services to owners, executives and managers.
December 2015 : Still doing exciting cloud and distributed system at Stratoscale.
December 2013 : I'm excited to announce that I am moving to a new company: Stratoscale.
November 2013 : Hecatonchire Website has been pulled from internet by SAP , I hope to be authorised to fork/ mirror it in the near future.
August 2013 : Hecatonchire v0.2 released : Hecatonchire project
May 2013 : SAP Enterprise Cloud launched : HEC
Benoit Hudzia is a Cloud/System Architect working on designing the next generation cloud technology as well as runing the Irish operations for Stratoscale.
He also provides world-class solutions and advisory services via his bespoke boutique company Blopeur Ltd. We offers advisory services to companies that face complex Digital-related challenges and help solve today's complexe problems by delivering high-value, rapid-turnaround IT, management, and strategic consulting services to owners, executives and managers.
Previously he was working as a Senior Researcher - Architect for SAP on HANA enterprise Cloud.
Benoit has authored more than 20 Academic publications and book chapters and also is the holder of numerous patents in the domain of virtualization, OS, cloud, distributed system, etc.. His code and ideas are included in various SAP commercial solutions as well as Open source solutions such as Qemu/KVM Hypervisor, Linux Kernel, Openstack.
His past research focused on bringing together the flexibility of virtualization, cloud and high performance computing ( A.K.A the "Lego cloud"). This framework aims at providing memory, I/O and CPU resource disagregation of physical server while enabling dynamic management and aggregation capabilities to Linux native application as well as to Linux/KVM VMs using commodity hardware.
My Blog : Reflections of the Void
Projects and Code :
Projects Hecatonchire :
Benoit Hudzia is the founder, lead architect of the Hecatonchire Project ("Hundred-Handed One" in Greek Mythology). Hecatonchire is a framework of tools (Kernel and Userspaces) aiming to provide memory, I/O and CPU resource aggregation capabilities to x86/Linux native application as well as to Linux/KVM VMs using commodity hardware and fast RDMA-enabled interconnects.
In its current state, Hecatonchire focus on memory related capabilities such as: post-copy live migration and VM-based memory pooling. While other capabilities such as application-transparent memory pooling, VM flash cloning and I/O pooling are in the development pipeline.
Hecatonchire is Open Source Free Software, and is freely available under the GNU General Public License, version 2.
Benoit Hudzia worked essentially on optimising the live migration process for large enterprise workloads of Qemu-KVM project. His worked focused on two different aspect:
Benoit Hudzia on the Interwebs :
Publications, Talks, Slides Deck , Video etc..
- Benoit Hudzia (SAP, UK), Jonathan Sinclair (SAP, UK) and Maik Lindner (SAP, UK); Deploying and Running Enterprise Grade Applications in a Federated Cloud Link
- Benoit Hudzia (SAP, UK), Jonathan Sinclair (SAP, UK) and Maik Lindner (SAP, UK);Achieving Federated and Self-Manageable Cloud Infrastructures: Theory and Practice Link
- Ellahi, Tariq; Hudzia, Benoit; Li, Hui; Lindner, Maik; Robinson, Philip; The Enterprise Cloud Computing Paradigm 2011 Link
- Hudzia, Benoit; Kechadi, M-T; Ottewill, Adrian; Treep: A tree based p2p network architecture 2005 Link
- Hudzia, Benoit; McDermott, Liam; Illahi, TN; Kechadi, M Tahar; Entity based peer-to-peer in a data grid environment 2006 Link
- Ellahi, Tariq N; Hudzia, Benoit; McDermott, Liam; Kechadi, T; Transparent Migration of multi-threaded applications on a java based grid 2006 Link
- Ellahi, Tariq N; Hudzia, Benoit; Mcdermott, Liam; Kechadi, T; Security framework for P2P based grid systems 2006 Link
- Hudzia, Benoit; Ellahi, Tariq N; McDermott, Liam; Kechadi, T; A java based architecture of p2p-grid middleware 2006 Link
- Hudzia, Benoit; Petiton, Serge; Reliable multicast fault tolerant MPI in the Grid environment 2006 Link
- Ellahi, TN; Hudzia, B; McDermott, L; Kechadi, T; Entity management and security in p2p grid framework Link
- Hudzia, Benoit; Kechadi, Tahar; THON: A Tessellation-based Hierarchical Overlay Network for DGET Grid Middleware 2007 Link
- Hudzia, Benoit; Hierarchical Topology for P2P Based Grid Middleware 2008 Link
- Hacking, Stuart; Hudzia, Benoît; Improving the live migration process of large enterprise applications 2009 Link
- Svard, Petter; Tordsson, Johan; Hudzia, Benoit; Elmroth, Erik; High performance live migration through dynamic page transfer reordering and compression 2011 Link
- Sinclair, Jonathan; Hudzia, Benoit; Lindner, Maik; Stewart, Alan; Harmer, Terry; Stewart, John; Compliance Auditing in Future Web-based Infrastructures 2011 Link
- Svard, Petter; Hudzia, Benoit; Tordsson, Johan; Elmroth, Erik; Evaluation of Delta Compression Techniques for Efficient Live Migration of Large Virtual Machines 2011 Link
- Ferrer, Ana Juan; Hernández, Francisco; Tordsson, Johan; Elmroth, Erik; Ali-Eldin, Ahmed; Zsigri, Csilla; Sirvent, Raül; Guitart, Jordi; Badia, Rosa M; Djemame, Karim; OPTIMIS: A holistic approach to cloud service provisioning 2012 Link
- Jonathan Sinclair, Benoit Hudzia, Maik Lindner, Alan Stewart and Terry Harmer; rchitecture for compliance analysis of distributed service based system 2011 Link
- Jonathan Sinclair, Benoit Hudzia, Maik Lindner, Alan Stewart and Terry Harmer; Compliance Auditing in Future Web-based Infrastructures 2011 Link
- Badia, Rosa M; Corrales, Marcelo; Dimitrakos, Theo; Djemame, Karim; Elmroth, Erik; Ferrer, Ana Juan; Forgó, Nikolaus; Guitart, Jordi; Hernández, Francisco; Hudzia, Benoit; Demonstration of the OPTIMIS toolkit for cloud service provisioning 2011 Link
- Kübert, Roland; Koller, Bastian; Sirvent, Raül; Ziegler, Wolfgang; Hudzia, Benoit; Analysis of Existing solutions and Requirements for SLAs Link
- Villari, Massimo; Brandic, Ivona; Tusa, Francesco; Celesti, Antonio; Kecskemeti, Gabor; Calcavecchia, Nicolò Maria; Di Nitto, Elisabetta; Mikkilineni, Rao; Morana, Giovanni; Seyler, Ian; Achieving Federated and Self-Manageable Cloud Infrastructures: Theory and Practice 2012 Link
- Badia Sala, Rosa Maria; Juan, Ana; Hernández, Francisco; Tordsson, Johan; Elmroth, Erik; Ali-Eldin, Ahmed; Zsigri, Csilla; Sirvent Pardell, Raül; Guitart Fernández, Jordi; Wesner, Stefan; OPTIMIS: A holistic approach to cloud service provisioning 2012 Link
- Shribman, Aidan; Hudzia, Benoit; Pre-Copy and post-copy VM live migration for memory intensive applications 2013 Link---- Slides
- Benoit Hudzia, Roei Tell, Peter Izsak, Aidan Shribman, Steve Walsh ; Leveraging Memory Mirroring for Transparent Memory Scale-Out with Zero-Downtime Failover of Remote Hosts 2013 Link---- Slides
Nothing to see here